Monday, October 22, 2012

Warm Your Soul Tuscan Soup

My husband actually asked for this soup again! I think that makes it a winner. I found this recipe on my meal planning site cozi.com, and modified slightly. I recommend that site also if you want to consolidate to do lists, shopping lists, meal planning, and family calendars.

Warm Your Soul Tuscan Soup

1 lb Italian sausage
32 oz chicken broth
1 can evaporated milk
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 medium onion, diced
3 cups diced red potatoes, skin on
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups chopped kale
Shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish

Brown Italian sausage over medium heat, breaking up into small pieces as it browns. Pour broth, evaporated milk, onion, potatoes, and seasonings in crock pot.  Add browned sausage. Cook on low heat 6-8 hours. During last 20 minutes, add kale and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve topped with a spoonful of shredded Parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment